8 ways to elevate your home
For most of us, summer break is a great time to relax and enjoy some well deserved family time, or even go on that long-awaited vacation. For others, it’s the perfect season to try something new. But it could also be a time where you fall off the vagon a bit with your routines. Is it time to get back into a routine? Whether you’re an avid planner or someone who just likes having everything in its place, these ideas will have your home looking and feeling better than ever before!
1. Complete your morning routine in a bright, sunny shower.
Start your day off with a bright, sunny shower.
There’s no better way to start the day than with a hot shower. The steamy water, the smell of soap and shampoo and conditioner—it’s all so relaxing. You can really work up a lather when you use an adjustable shower head. It may sound this is something very simple, but when was the last time you upgraded that shower head in your bathroom? You use it every day! It’s honestly the little things in life that make the biggest difference. We really like this shower head from Newentor.
If you have limited space for storing products in your bathroom, try using a basket or caddy that hangs on the wall behind the door where it stays out of sight but easily accessible when needed. Another option: consider installing storage racks behind toilets instead since that space tends not be used much anyway (just make sure there’s enough clearance).
2. Say goodbye to bathroom clutter with this DIY storage idea using our polka dot canisters.
Bathroom clutter is a problem for many of us. It can be a fire hazard, cause accidents and make you feel stressed or unproductive. If you’re like me, it can also cause you to procrastinate!
To cut down on the amount of stuff that collects in my bathroom (and by extension, my life), I’ve come up with an easy DIY storage solution using our polka dot canisters. In addition to just looking adorable, these containers also help keep things organised so that when I need something out of the mess—I mean “organisation”—I know exactly where it’s at!
3. Keep your kitchen surfaces clean at all times all using a spoon rest.
Keep your kitchen surfaces clean at all times. You don’t want to see crumbs or splashes on your counters, but that’s what happens when you keep a bowl out in the open—especially if you have kids or dogs who like to eat off the floor. To keep things tidy and looking good, create a little place for each person to set their utensils while they cook. Place one near the sink and another by the stove (or wherever else people are most likely to use them). This way, everything has its own spot and there won’t be any overflow onto other surfaces in your kitchen.
Stop germs from spreading around your home by keeping spoons off the countertop! The City to Cottage dishwasher safe ceramic spoon rests keep spoons elevated so food doesn’t drop into sinks or onto countertops below them – making it easier for everyone involved in meal prep!
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day by using these soup mugs for hydration.
When you’re working from home, it can be easy to get distracted by your surroundings and forget to take care of yourself. The best way to stay focused is by keeping your workspace clean, organised and comfortable. You’ll feel like you’re at an actual office instead of just sitting on the couch with a laptop in one hand, a remote control in another and an iced latte within arm’s reach (just like real life!).
As simple as this may sound, having a designated place for everything will help keep things in order and make sure you don’t lose anything valuable amidst all those papers strewn about the living room coffee table. And by upgrading your home office with some accessories that make it look more professional — such as these colourful mugs — not only will you feel more productive but also more motivated to work harder toward accomplishing all those tasks that need completing before Friday rolls around again!
5. Ensure that everything looks neat and tidy on your desk with a stationery organiser for storing pens, paper clips, business cards and more.
Organise your desk and make it look neat and tidy with a stationery organiser. This way, you can store pens, paper clips, business cards and more in one place so that every item has its own place to keep things clean.
6. Upgrade the look of your home office with a sleek, minimalist desk organiser and charging station.
Give your home office a modern makeover with a desk organiser. It’s the perfect place to keep your phone, tablet and laptop charged and ready for use. These charging stations can features USB ports, so you can charge multiple devices at once. There’s also ample space for storing pens, pencils, paper clips and other important items too!
The sleek design is simple yet practical—it looks great in any room of the house. The small size makes it easy to fit into tight spaces like bedside tables or kitchen counters (or even on top of another piece of furniture). And it won’t take up too much space on your desk either because it has an open-concept design that doesn’t take up a lot of room or clutter up your workspace with unnecessary clutter.”
7. Create a warm, welcoming environment by infusing natural scent into any room using essential oil diffusers that refresh the air without harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances.
You can create an environment that is warm and welcoming by infusing natural scent into any room using essential oil diffusers that refresh the air without harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances. Essential oils are natural substances extracted from plants, so they are completely safe to use in your home. Essential oils can be used to reduce stress, improve sleep quality and promote better concentration among many other benefits.
- Mint – This scent will help you feel more invigorated and alert during your day
- Lavender – Lavender is known for its calming properties; it helps with insomnia, anxiety, depression and headaches as well as muscle spasms
- Rosemary – This herb has been used for centuries because of its ability to improve memory and concentration. It also boosts energy levels while reducing stress on the nervous system
8. Set the dinner table every evening with these polka dot plates for a whimsical dinner experience.
Setting the dinner table each evening is a great way to add an extra layer of comfort and warmth to your home. After all, we all need to eat!
Polka dot plates are fun, whimsical and colourful—perfect for elevating your dining experience. The best part? They’re so versatile that they’ll work with any meal or style of decor. So whether you’re hosting a quick family dinner or throwing an elaborate party for friends, polka dot plates are sure to bring some flair to your table!
An organised home is a more relaxing home
Organising your home is a great way to relax. It also saves you money, saves you time and makes you feel like a boss! Here are some of the ways that organising your home can make it even more relaxing:
- Save money by not buying things you don’t need or won’t use (or worse — items that have been sitting in storage for years).
- Save time by finding what you need more easily.
- Get more done because everything is where it should be.
- Have less stress about how important tasks will get completed because there are no piles of paperwork on the dining table demanding your attention right now.
The key to maintaining a clean and tidy home is to be proactive. It can be tempting to let yourself get overwhelmed by the mess or lack of time, but if you stay focused on your goals and keep at it, eventually things will fall into place! The best way to do this is by starting small—make sure that everything has a place so that it doesn’t just pile up somewhere else in your house or office (or wherever else you might have clutter). You may find that once you’ve taken care of all those little details, cleaning becomes easier than ever before!